Serviced apartments, the most common form of London short term rentals, offer a cost-effective, comfortable accommodation in the UK’s capital city for anyone looking to stay more than three nights. They suit the vast majority of travellers. To help you choose the right accommodation, read this quick guide to London short term rentals.
Inside a London short term rental
We are commonly asked, what is a serviced apartment? Understanding what to expect in your short term rental is vital for determining if this is the accommodation for you.
A serviced apartment typically includes:
- Fully-furnished separate bedrooms according to your booking choice
- Fully-furnished separate living space
- Fully-equipped kitchen or kitchenette
- Linens and towels
- Concierge/reception (if selected at booking)
- 24-7 access throughout your stay
- TV and entertainment systems
- One per-night price, with all utilities included
- Usually, toiletries provided
In addition, should you wish, you can find a good choice of serviced apartments with parking, gym and/or pool facilities, laundry services and dining options.
Serviced apartments are the most common short term rentals in London and come in a vast range of sizes and types, from comfortable budget accommodation to luxury penthouses.
Benefits of Short Term Rentals in London
At London Serviced Apartments, we’ve done the sums and you can save 30% compared to staying in most hotels – and get much more in terms of comfort. Fundamentally you get not just what you need from accommodation in London, but a much greater degree of comfort and flexibility, and an ability to choose somewhere to stay that really suits you: whether you’re a business traveller looking for a space to entertain clients, work and unwind, or whether you are visiting London with family on holiday.
Cost effective: Short term rentals can often be more cost-effective than traditional hotels,especially for families or groups, as you pay for the entire property rather than per room.
- Space and privacy: Enjoy the privacy of your own space, including living rooms, kitchens, and bedrooms, providing a home-away-from-home experience. This also means you also benefit from different spaces to sleep, eat, work and relax.
- Fully furnished: Short term rentals are typically fully furnished, equipped with appliances, kitchenware, and linens, making it easy to settle in.
- Local experience: Immerse yourself in the local culture by staying in residential areas, experiencing London like a local.
- Flexibility: Choose from a variety of rental types, including apartments, houses, and studios, catering to different group sizes and preferences.
- Extended or short stays: Short term rentals are suitable for 3 nights+ and preferential rates are usually available on extended stays.
- Cost savings on dining: Having a fully equipped kitchen allows you to prepare meals, saving money on dining out for every meal.
- Pet-friendly options: Some short term rentals are pet-friendly, allowing you to bring your furry companions along on your trip.
- Diverse locations: London is a very large and diverse city. You can find short term rentals in all areas, allowing you to pick the area that suits your needs, from work location to tourist sights and activities.
- No hidden fees: Most rentals include utilities and other amenities in the price, avoiding unexpected additional charges.
- Home comforts: Experience the comfort of home with amenities like Wi-Fi, entertainment systems, and comfortable furnishings.
- Safety and security: Short term rentals often come with security features, providing a safe environment for your stay.
- Corporate accommodation: Ideal for business travellers, short term rentals can offer a productive work environment with Wi-Fi and work space.
Who are Short Term Rentals in London for?
Most serviced apartments and properties ask for a minimum three night stay. However, it’s also possible to find accommodation with a minimum stay of just one night. Additionally, short term lets are incredibly versatile. This means it’s possible to find the perfect short term let whether you’re a business traveller visiting London for a conference, or a family booking a London holiday.
Short term lets in London suit:
- Holidaymakers: visitors exploring London, from families to couples.
- Business travellers: when attending meetings, events and conferences, or on short or extended work assignments, with or without their family in attendance
- People relocating: as short term accommodation to learn more about different areas and while deciding on long term property options.
- Students: international students on a short term study experience in London.
- Health travellers: attending or supporting individuals at any of the leading London hospitals.
- Digital nomads: who are looking for a flexible comfortable workspace.
- Temporary residents: individuals in transitional stages, for example home renovations or separation.
Short Term Rental vs. Hotel
Short term rentals bring numerous benefits over London hotels:
- Space and privacy
- Self-catering facilities
- Home-like environment
- Local immersion
- Pet-friendly options
- Comfort for longer stays
- Safety and security
- Characterful properties
London Short Term Rental Locations
London covers an area over 600 square miles. As such, while London has an excellent public transport system, it’s vital to choose a short term rental in the area in which you want to spend most of your time.
You can find an excellent range of short term rental options, whatever you’re looking for from your accommodation, and whatever the nature of your travelling group, across the whole of London.
Booking Advice and Tips
When choosing your short term rental in London, we recommend considering:
- Who is staying: Know your party size and room requirements, as well as if you want a separate work area as a business traveller.
- Where to stay:Choose your location based on where you will spend most of your time and/or with excellent transport links.
- What you want:Consider whether you want to self-cater predominantly, or would you like dining options onsite, how often you would like housekeeping, and whether you want things like a concierge or parking.
- Budget: There are short term rentals catering to all budgets.
- Length of stay: If you are staying for more than a month, consider asking for long term rates.
You can make your booking online using our website. However, if you would like advice on choosing the best short term rental for you, please speak to our advisors on +44 (0) 208 004 0007.
Can I rent in London for a month?
Yes, one month short term rentals are popular with tourists looking for an extended stay and business travellers.
Can I rent in London for 3 months?
Yes, many different groups and individuals choose short term rentals in London for extended 3 month stays, from business travellers on short term assignments to health travellers, students, and those in transition stages.
Are short term rentals more cost-effective than hotels?
Short term rentals can be more cost-effective, especially for longer stays or for groups/families, as they often provide more space and amenities at a lower cost per person.
Do short term rentals offer cleaning services?
Many short term rentals offer housekeeping which includes cleaning services, with the frequency varying from daily to weekly.