What is bleisure travel
The term ‘bleisure’ encapsulates a blurring of the division between work and play (Sunday Times, 2010). It is the best of both worlds so to speak when travelling on business – business and leisure.
Why is bleisure travel growing?
A recent report in 2014 by BridgeStreet showed that 78% of those surveyed thought adding leisure days to business trips was helpful to their work assignments. Also business travellers are more likely to blend business with leisure in the future compared to 5 years ago.
As the world changes, more and more people are realising that there is a compromise between the demands of a busy career and a healthy home life.
Why do serviced apartments fulfil this need for bleisure?
- Serviced apartments offer a fantastic chance to enjoy family or group time as they cater for up to 8 guests per apartment making them ideal for bringing a partner, family or travelling with colleagues. Guests can make the most of leisure time with the people they want.
- Service apartments benefit the needs of both the business and leisure guest because they include working facilities such as Wi-Fi and a work space with a desk or table and some even have advanced business facilities. They also have facilities to enjoy leisure time such as a fully equipped kitchen for rustling up some local food perhaps after visiting a local market. Some serviced apartments offer services such as in house spa, gym and restaurant facilities to keep you entertained in your down time.
- The most popular pastimes when travelling on business are sightseeing, dining and visiting sites of art and culture so the fact serviced apartments are located in the best locations close to amenities makes enjoying leisure time easy.
- Serviced apartments are also located near transport links making getting to work or a meeting easy. Many serviced apartments are also located in the business districts.
- The home like vibe of a serviced apartment can make guests feel like they can have a healthy work life balance away from home. This is because there is extra space. No one needs to be crammed into one bedroom (especially for those on extended stays). If you fancy catching up on the local news on the couch in your living room you can.
- Not only do serviced apartments offer convenient hotel style services such as maid and concierge, they offer the chance to live in a location like a local and enjoy your spare time how you wish with more flexibility.