London is for doing and seeing! Here are just 20 top London bucket list experiences.
Before we dive in, let’s just share a few FAQs to help with your planning!
How do I plan London sightseeing
Planning your London sightseeing adventure, especially when you’re looking to tick off bucket list items in London, is all about striking a balance between iconic landmarks and hidden gems. Start by creating an itinerary, but leave room for spontaneity and be open to discovering unexpected delights along the way.
Experiences for Foodies
- Borough Market: Embark on a culinary adventure at London’s oldest food market, where stalls burst with fresh produce, artisanal cheeses, delectable pastries, and international flavours.
- Afternoon tea: Lots of London hotels and cafes (as well as museums and attractions) offer the quintessential British experience of delicate finger sandwiches, freshly baked scones with clotted cream and jam.
- Brick Lane Curry: Explore the numerous curry houses and street food stalls offering aromatic dishes that will tantalise your taste buds.
- Chinatown: Enjoy street food and dim sum as you wander the bustling streets of Chinatown.
Experiences for Families
- Natural History Museum: A London bucket list item for families is this fabulous museum complete with interactive exhibits about the natural world. Dino lovers heaven!
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour: Walk through the iconic sets, see the props and costumes, and get a behind-the-scenes. Experience the Great Hall, Diagon Alley, and even step aboard the Hogwarts Express. Not just a London bucket list must-do, but a bucket list item for any Harry Potter fan!
- London Zoo: Tick off a bucket list item in London with a wild adventure at London Zoo, home to a diverse range of animals from around the world, like lions, penguins and gorillas. And it’s right in the centre of Regent’s Park!
- The Science Museum: Ignite curiosity and inspire young minds at the Science Museum about everything from space to human biology. It’s well worth booking the much-loved Wonderlab for impressive hands-on fun.
Experiences for Couples and Adults
- Cruise the Thames: Embark on a relaxing cruise along the River Thames, taking in the stunning views of London’s iconic landmarks. Enjoy a leisurely ride while sipping champagne and indulging in a delectable dinner, creating unforgettable memories.
- Cocktail masterclass: Unleash your inner mixologist and join a cocktail masterclass at one of London’s trendy bars. Learn the art of mixology and craft your own signature cocktails. Then enjoy the rest of the night indulging in London’s world-class nightlife.
- West End show: A must-do bucket list item in London is a West End theatre show. From classic plays to dazzling musicals, there’s a show for every taste.
- Vintage shopping in Notting Hill: A quirky London bucket list item, embark on a treasure hunt through the charming streets of Notting Hill, known for its vintage boutiques and antique shops. Discover unique fashion pieces, quirky collectibles, and one-of-a-kind finds.
Experiences for Business People
- The Sky Garden: Take a break from business meetings or wow clients and head to the Sky Garden (and bars and restaurants) for breath taking panoramic views of London’s skyline.
- Networking events and conferences: Many business minds can’t wait to tick off the bucket list opportunity of attending a London event in the business capital of the world. There are always different events in London across industries.
- Business lunch at The Shard: Impress clients or colleagues with a business lunch at one of The Shard’s exquisite restaurants. The Shard is a London bucket list item for many.
- Private black cab tour: Discover the city’s rich history, iconic landmarks, or delve into niche areas related to your business field, gaining valuable insights and inspiration. The good thing about a private tour is you can fit it in around your business trip but tick off a bucket list item too!
Experiences for Culture and History Buffs
- British Museum: Delve into the vast collection of art and artefacts at the British Museum, spanning thousands of years of human history. From ancient Egyptian mummies to the iconic Rosetta Stone, explore the world’s cultures under one roof.
- Historic Greenwich: Visit Greenwich, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and immerse yourself in centuries of maritime history. Explore the Cutty Sark, stand on the Prime Meridian at the Royal Observatory, and wander through the fascinating exhibits at the National Maritime Museum.
- Westminster Abbey: Step into the hallowed halls of Westminster Abbey, where kings and queens have been crowned for centuries. You’ll recognise it from Royal weddings and King Charles’ coronation!
- The Tower of London: Witness the famous Beefeaters and visit the Crown Jewels for this top London bucket list experience. Uncover the secrets of the Tower of London, a symbol of power, intrigue, and imprisonment throughout history. Take a guided tour and explore its formidable walls.
What do you need for a day out in London?
Comfortable walking shoes are a must, as you’ll likely be covering a lot of ground. Bring an umbrella, as London weather can be unpredictable. Carry a refillable water bottle to stay hydrated and pack some snacks for quick energy boosts. An Oyster card for transport helps too!
What should I see when in London?
London has four seasons, but the weather can be variable at any time. Indoor sights like museums and galleries, as well as West End shows, can be enjoyed year round. Most are open every day except Christmas Day, but always check websites. Enjoy London’s Royal Parks in spring and summer.
London is a city brimming with incredible experiences for every taste and interest and full of bucket list items, whatever your interests. So, grab your map, unleash your adventurous spirit, and Bucket List London awaits!
Need somewhere to stay? We can help you find your perfect serviced apartment. Call us on +44 (0)208 004 0007.